Job opportunity: General Manager
Grateful Ventures, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a General Manager to work with our dynamic team at our headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona.
Located right in downtown Phoenix, Grateful’s eclectic, creative collective brings together the brightest minds in digital storytelling, with decades of hard-earned media expertise and deep intuition in the fields of business, design, development, branding, marketing, advertising, web, videography and cinematography.
The General Manager will be responsible for leading Grateful Ventures to the next level of growth and profitability. Comprised of several owned and operated websites – Thanksgiving.com, Grateful.co and Foodblogs.com – as well as a large food and lifestyle blogger affiliate network, Grateful Ventures is Gannett’s food passion vertical. The company publishes online and print content, creates video series, works with advertisers on custom and turnkey client solutions, and manages relationships with top lifestyle bloggers and personalities.
This position has full P&L responsibility for the Grateful Ventures business which includes websites (Thanksgiving.com, Grateful.co and Foodblogs.com), a food and lifestyle affiliate blog network and Grateful Ink.
We are looking for a business-minded general manager who is as comfortable with running the day to day metrics of the business, as developing long range strategies based on market and business trends. The right candidate is passionate about what he or she does and wants to be surrounded by a community of equally passionate, dedicated individuals working in a dynamic, creative, entrepreneurial environment.
In partnership with Grateful’s founders, create the long-term business strategy for the company; lead the company’s strategic growth plan, including the identification of new revenue and market opportunities and/or segments
- Manage the business’ P&L delivering against revenue and profitability targets and present quarterly progress updates to the Grateful Board of Directors; manage regular financial reporting to Gannett finance team; recommend and execute cost savings measures as needed to stay on financial track
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of 40 across ad sales, tech development, creative, production, editorial, finance and operations
- Shape the associated product and marketing strategies to align with the overall business plan; drive the creation of the product roadmap to align with business strategy
- Oversee the creation of dashboards and other analytics tools to help manage and track business KPIs
- Manage and support the Grateful direct ad sales team and facilitate coordination with Gannett’s ad sales division as necessary
- Proven track record managing a consumer ad-supported digital business
- Extensive experience managing P&Ls of $5MM+
- Past experience with lifestyle/food content and/or managing an affiliate network desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage mid-size cross-functional teams
- Passion for high quality, engaging content and content creators
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional disciplines and to influence effectively where there is no direct authority
- 12+ years of digital work experience, some of which was spent at a startup
- MBA strongly preferred; BA required
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation’s largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Grateful Ventures is an online media and publishing coalition, focusing on building content and monetization strategies for high-value domains. Our creative collective brings together the brightest minds in online media, with hard-earned expertise and deep intuition in business, design, development, branding, marketing, advertising, online media, videography and cinematography.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. We are a drug-free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please complete the application process that starts here.