Social media strategy manager
Grateful Ventures, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Social Media Strategy Manager to formulate and execute critical social media strategies for our various brands on all of the key social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat (and others), from our headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona.
Located downtown, in the Phoenix art district, Grateful’s eclectic, creative collective brings together the brightest minds in digital storytelling, with decades of hard-earned media expertise and deep intuition in the fields of business, design, development, branding, marketing, advertising, web, videography and cinematography. Now we’re looking for someone who can bring these same qualities to our social media department.
The successful candidate will be a skilled writer and communicator, who is outgoing and community-oriented, comfortable networking with everyone from everyday people on the street to industry leaders. We’re looking for a social media expert — emphasis on expert — who is on top of his or her game in this space and prepared to anticipate platform changes and adapt effectively.
The qualified candidate has a demonstrated ability to effectively synthesize culture, trends and data in order to significantly grow social media reach and engagement — and the related website audience. If you are invited for an interview, be prepared with concrete examples of how you have manifested this specific qualification. Bonus points if you already have established connections within the major social media companies.
An attitude of gratitude is, of course, mandatory, as is a good sense of humor, coupled with commitment to our value statement of good people doing good. We work hard, but have fun doing it, and we’re energized by the creativity and success of others.
- Manage the stream of content that goes out live to our followers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Google+ and more. The candidate must ensure that posts reflect the voice and mission of Grateful brands.
- Collaborate with our social media team to brainstorm, draft and implement strategies that guide our social media efforts
- Cover events live across social platforms
- Identify trending stories relevant to our brands’ respective missions and collaborate with our editorial team for coverage and promotion
- Plan social-first editorial strategies, as well as custom content for visual platforms like Facebook videos and Instagram
- Brainstorm ideas and carry out creative social media videos. This includes live videos, which are done independently and with no editing
- Conduct interviews on camera and serve as a hosting personality
- Analyze metrics and draft reports
- Innovate new social content strategies to broaden our brand’s reach
- Four or more years of social media marketing experience
- The ability to work independently with limited to no supervision
- Good understanding and knowledge of community-building on social media sites and/or blogs
- Ability to post engaging headline, article text and social media copy accurately and with fast turnaround time and demonstrable audience engagement
- Comfortable being on camera
- An understanding of social media KPIs and the ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills to respond to data in real time and guide our social media strategy with a deep understanding of the Facebook Insights tools and other metrics measurement tools
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a changing environment
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do any task required to grow an audience – no matter how big or small
- Flexibility to work various shifts
HERE’S WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match.
Grateful Ventures is an online media and publishing coalition, focusing on building content and monetization strategies for high value domains.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce.
We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in applying, please email your resume with cover letter to Betsy Bailey at email@example.com .